View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #9
John Stelting
YT Addict

I too always pick up Bently when I see that a big dog will be near us when we are out walking. A couple of weekends ago I had taken him to a park and as I was exiting the car I was holding Bently and a couple of loose dogs came running up to me. Their owners were walking across the parking lot not even watching the dogs. I turned around so that there was no way they could get near Bently. At the same time I was yelling at the women to come get their dogs and that dogs in this park were supposed to be on leashes at all times. The women started calling the dogs, which were ignoring them only wanting to get to Bently. I again yelled at the women to come get their dogs. They still walked away and yelled for the dogs to come to them. I finally kicked at the dogs and started walking in the opposite direction and the dogs finally ran off towards the women.

Better to be safe than sorry when walking your yorkies......... I never let another dog no matter how small or big approach us unless we have meet the dog before on our walks and I know it's safe.
John Stelting is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!