View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 06:25 AM   #5
KathyB3593
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thanks for the replies.

We have not done allergy testing. The Vet is basing his recommendation on symptoms, and having ruled out other causes. It's a trial. Lacie does a lot of scratching and biting, and takes an antihistamine and/or cough medicine as needed (cough was in the spring). No fleas on either of them. I use a gentle oatmeal shampoo. Kimber is scratching as well, but has the loose stools. She has been treated for parasites, even though there was no evidence of any. Two weeks on Flagyl has improved the stools, but they are still not normal.

I wonder about the Wellness food, too, now that you mention it. Kimber was on Iams when I got her and was not having problems. I discovered a Wellness treat I was using caused both of them to have diarrhea. Since they both appear to be at least sensitive to foods, if not allergic, I am willing to try changing both of their diets, even though he only recommended it for Kimber.

If it works for them (and Kimber's stools are already improved after 2 days of 1 part new food/2 parts old food), I'll be thrilled and relieved, but I still worry about adequate nutrition for puppies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!