View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 05:32 AM   #1
shari313
Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Working it all out...

the puppy i just adopted is so sweet. he was living in the country with a lady who needed to rehome him. he's a good dog, and wants nothing more than to please me. and i feel soooo badly. i found some fleas on him the other day, and then i found some ticks! that part kind of flipped me out. i've never dealt with anything like ticks before. i had a cat once who had fleas, and they don't scare me like the ticks do.

i just got pet insurance for him with careguard, and it won't take into effect for another 2 weeks. i've been trying the past few days to deal with it myself. i did olive oil, and got a few off in that bath... then i got the adam's spray and got a few more off with that. it doesn't seem like they're attaching, just crawling around. but his poodley fur was so thick, and so like a big dork, i cut his hair. he looks like he got caught in the food processor, then i sprayed again, and got a few more.
and now, i think it's not going to be able to hold off the 2 weeks. he's still itching, and i saw another tick crawling on him again.

no matter what, it's going to cost me more. i could spend the money on the frontline at the store, or pay to take him to the vets without the insurance. sigh. he probably will need to be vaxed again, because the lady said she got her shots from the pet store and doesn't have any record, so i can't go to a groomer either. sigh. i'll let you know what happens, i'm going to have my hubbie call the vet and ask their advice. i just wish i could have waited until i had the insurance, then i could just take him in and the vet visit with vacs and checkup, and stuff would be covered.

i adore this puppy, and i'm really glad i adopted him. i'm ready for this ordeal to be over though. i want my cuddlebaby back again, and i just can't bring myself to cuddle with him as much, knowing that he's got this problem.
shari313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!