View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 12:19 AM   #16
jjflash
Yorkie Yakker

Angry Bad Experience with Petsmart Training

We have Yorkies and a Rottie pup. We took the Rottie pup to Petsmart for training lessons. The trainer had her own Bull Mastiff with her all the time. It was apparently certified as a "Good Citizen" and we were assured it was perfectly safe. Not so, the mastiff was at the end of the row of puppies as they went through there heal exersize and grabbed the puppy by the head. He had to be rushed to the vets for 3 layers of stitches through his lips and cheek, thank god it was not one of the yorkies, it would have killed them. Petsmart admitted they had had several issues with this mastiff and he would not come anymore, they paid for the vet and offered free classes for life. This did not stop the trauma this little guy was left with. We never went back. They knew they had an unstable Mastiff and continued to let him sit in on puppy classes even after many complaints. I don't feel that (this particular Petsmart at least) cared about the dogs, more about the fees. Untrained and unprofessional and uncaring. I will do my own training with love and care from now on.
jjflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!