View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #9
YorkieMom6
♥ Luv Zoey & Austen! ♥
Donating Member

Maybe it is just me and maybe I am not a good trainer (being so new and all) but I would say no. I do not let Zoey have the run of the house or more often a room or two until I have seen she has a least gone poo potty. Then, I generally only give her access to a couple of rooms and then I put a potty pad in the same location in that area, every time - showing her where it is each time and of course tons of praise and treats when she uses it. I know maybe it is more a problem for me than her but she did have a couple of accidents and I want to reduce those as much as possible. And until I feel she is trained, I do not give her full run unless I can watch her nonstop.

I was suggesting the open door for when you want to give her full access, tho that is not what I do without full attention.

I wish you great luck and PLEASE, share with me what your successes are and maybe we can learn together. I too am 100% using potty pads and then plan to do outside in the spring. She gets so cold right now that I do not want to risk a major problem.

Good luck and I am sure you will do terrific!

~Denise
YorkieMom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!