View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
KathyB3593
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Allergies and Special Diets

Hello everyone. I know there is a lot of discussion about allergies AND foods, but I still have a question. My Vet has recommended a Potato and Duck diet for my Lacie, 10 mos. and Kimber, 4 1/2 mos. Both suffer from allergies, and Kimber has been struggling with diarrhea for over a month (other causes have been ruled out). They are currently eating Wellness Puppy. The Vet recommended Royal Canin, but I am happier with the rating on Natural Balance Potato and Duck. Still, I worry that there is enough meat and protein for my puppies. Other foods (such as Fromm) that contain more meat also contain rice and oatmeal, and I'm trying to avoid grains.

Any thoughts? Should I add meat to their diet myself? Since I'm avoiding beef and chicken, what would I give them? Is there a supplement that doesn't contain beef, chicken, grains or dairy products that would help?

Thanks for any suggestions. This forum has been so helpful to me with my Yorkies!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!