View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 01:13 PM   #4
bosslady
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have a 7 month old westie named Duffy who weighs about 18 lbs (He is getting chubby. I think I need to put him on a diet) and a little Yorkie, Jasmine, who weighs maybe 2 to 2 1/2 lbs. She is 4 months old.
When we first brought her home, I was afraid of what he might do to her because he is so much bigger. I put him on a leash the first night to see how they would react to each other. He was jealous at first, but didn't seem to want to hurt her. He just didn't want to share his toys and other things with her. Now they seem to really like each other. When I crate him she hangs around the crate and wants in with him. They do like to play fight and wrestle around and it worries me sometimes because he is so much bigger than her and I'm afraid he will get carried away and hurt her accidently, but it's hard when the 2 of them are together to keep them from doing it. Last night they had a stuffed animal and they were playing tug of war with it. They both loved it.
If one has a toy the other one always wants it. Or if I give them both a chew they will try to take the others away from them. She will get really mad at him and bark and bite him on the ears, tail, mouth, where ever she can, and he will just take it. He never tries to bite her back.
He's still a little jealous. WHen she is on my lap, he will want to jump up on me too. I'll bet yours will be friends before long. IT just takes a little time. Mine seem to be getting better buddies all the time. I think the Cairns and the Westie's have sort of the same personalities, although each dog is different.
bosslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!