View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
shannonroselive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Curly Mac is gone.

I know I haven't been on YT for a long time but some of you may remember my sweet Curly Mac. She was just one week shy of her first birthday and barely weighed in at 3 lbs.

We are down in Florida, parked at a friends house while I search for cancer treatment for myself here. Well the next door neighbors have these 2 black labs who bark constantly whenever any of us are outside or if they can see even a shadow of us in our bus windows. They jump at the fence barking their heads off whenever Curly is outside.

Today, I had JUST let Curly out to run with Jack, my 6 yr old, after cutting her hair for 2 hours or more so I know she was sick of being still. She took off running like she does, fast as she can, circling around the yard. And OF COURSE those damn dogs start barking and going crazy at the fence and of course she runs over to bark back and when she got close enough, one of them finally broke one of the fence pieces (I dunno what they're called) open and grabbed her. By the time we got into their back yard, the neighbor kid was trying to hold on to both his dogs and my son grabbed Curly and we rushed her to the hospital, less than a mile away. She wasn't dead, just staring up at me, not making a sound. I could tell she was still breathing but very shallow. The vet could hardly get a pulse and her blood pressure was so low, he couldn't even get a vein to put an IV in. She had several puncture wounds and the vet said they severed her spinal cord and she wasn't going to make it. Soon, I decided to let them go ahead and put her down so she wouldn't suffer anymore. But then, as I kissed her, she took her last breath and she was gone.

I can't stop crying and we're all just so broken hearted. My little boy just screamed when that dog grabbed her but there was nothing anyone could do.
I can't believe my little baby is gone.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!