View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 07:26 AM   #4
lickthestar
YT Addict

I was SO worried when Archie went in to get neutered. I had to leave him overnight...what if he gets hungry, etc.?! Well, I just closed my eyes and did it, and prayed. It turned out OK. However, I made sure that I was completely comfortable with the situation. I asked to see where he was going to be kept, the operating table, what kind of anasthesia, everything I could think of. I also made sure that there would be a nurse or a vet technician there at night in case he needed something, that someone would take him to the bathroom and feed him. Everything was OK. Archie didn't eat the food they gave him, but he ate a lot as soon as he came home and rested. They had put an e-collar on him and i think that was worse than the actual surgery itself! He was a bit zonked for a day or two but he was going at it soon after.

I also went through some sites to see the actual procedure (not for the squeamish), and read about the different anesthetics, etc.

Oh--and by the way, my vet DID NOT ask me to sign a contract waiving liability if something happened, which is important to me. If they did ask me to sign something like that I would start to think they have run into lawsuits and trouble or tend to not be careful. But that's just my thing.
lickthestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!