View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #5
stormcarver
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thanks so much.

Found out that the funeral is Thursday afternoon, so we will be leaving for Florida (we are in SC) that morning and back Friday afternoon. I will be making a vet appointment for Zachary for Saturday. I want to be sure he has all his shots, a microchip, and has his skin taken care of, along with anything else that might be wrong.

I found out that Zach has no leash experience. I appreciate the info on trachea collapse. We use Gentle Leaders, so I hope I can convince him into one. I don't know if anyone remembers what treats he likes, so will be taking our dogs' favorites with us. (Our kiddos are going to the boarders for the trip.) Hopefully the treats will help get him used to the Leader, which will avoid any pressure on his neck. (So, first stop, PetSmart for Leader, leash, and a sweater, since it's definitely cooler here than in FL!)

I have always been a "big dog" person, until our Rat Terrier. Our Rattie has been a wonderful education for me. I am hoping that he and Zachary get along well, at least within the first few days, anyway, and that "pack walks" will help Zachary feel more at home and find his place. I also hope that Ripley (my Rattie) helps temper my urge to baby Zachary through his transition, as I think that will be the hardest part for me.

I just want to do the best I can for Zachary - for Lorraine, and for the little guy. He's been through so much and we're both going to missing his mom.
stormcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!