View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
aqeuous18
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Potty Training Setup Suggestions

Ok...I tried to find answers to these questions but couldn't quite find any for my scenario. So, I'm picking up my boy on Friday. He's started on potty pads from the breeder. I intend on keeping him on the pads for right now.

At first I was going to gate him in the kitchen with the pads for his area to make accident clean up easier. I decided against this because there are some small spaces between appliances that worry me.

My next plan was a baby play pen/pack n play. I'm still up in the air about this one. I'm worried that the den instinct will be jeopardized because technically the whole pen would be his den. Even putting the pad on one side seems iffy because those things aren't that big.

My other plan is to put an xpen up in an unused dining room area in the apartment. This way he'd be where everyone is. But I'm weary about putting him on carpet just in case he makes an accident when I'm not there. It could be dried up by the time I find it. Any suggestions?

Also, where do I put the potty pad that he is to use? Ideally I'd want it in the bathroom or kitchen, but that seems like such a far walk for a little guy. Do I keep it close by his area? I understand crating and confining him when I can't watch him, but I want him to be able to come out and play and still have an area to go to.

Help? lol

Have you hugged your groomer today?

aqeuous18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!