View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #15
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi-and-Missy View Post
I've taken her to the vet twice in the last month. She said it's normal for this breed and when it happens to just have MIssy relax until it passes.
I'm glad she was seen & it's not anything serious. I'm one of those moms that takes them in for anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli_lah View Post
Aww I think it's Mimi that has the exact same color hair as my girl. Shes blonde/blue (altho I don't know why they call them 'blue' when its grey). I want to learn to do their hair. I'm just going to start practicing on my own, I mean she can't turn out any worse than what she looks like now. Haha.

Do you have any suggestions what I could do to her body hair? It's not thick and gorgeous like your mimis, though it is the same color and looks same texture. But her hair is thinning on her back and Im not sure if a longer look would make it look bad or not. I think it looks 'raggy' as shorter on her back as it is now, though..
Steel blue & tan or gold is the standard color according to AKC. Mimi has lightened up alot after having one litter (she's spayed now), but as a young lady, she had a steel blue coat. She's also been shaved down twice (during the summer) & that changes the color too. It's really amazing to see the color transformations on them.
I think coat their health & diet has alot to do w/the condition of the coat. What are you feeding Lolli? She's adopted, right? I don't know too much about her past, but that can have alot to do w/the condition of her coat now (maybe?). With the proper food that contains Omegas 3 & 6, & the daily allowance of vitamins & minerals, the hair will greatly improve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
My Zada does the "honking" noise when she's excited and if she does it too long, she then wheezes, sounding like someone with asthma. She had a really bad bout of wheezing after a lot of honking, that lasted all night so I took her to the Vet. She took x-ray of her chest and found some inflammation and put her on clavamox. She goes back tomorrow for an x-ray on her throat. We aren't sure what's causing all this yet, but it's scary.
I hope Zada will be alright after taking the Clavamox. Please keep us updated on her x-ray.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!