View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
twalla
I ♥ my Furheathens
Donating Member

I got this recipe from MyFairLacy.

Ginger Banana Cake
Banana and ginger combine to make an aromatic cake that's not too sweet for dogs.
2/3 cup mashed bananas (I just used 2 bananas)
1/2 cup softened butter
3 large eggs
3/4 cup water
2 cups Unbleached Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Beat together mashed banana and butter until creamy. Add eggs and water. Beat well. Stir in dry ingredients. Beat until smooth. Spoon batter evenly into oiled and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350° for about 35 minutes. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes, remove from pan, replace on rack and cool.
I used an 8in round pan and it baked in about 40 minutes- the time varies. Michele did this and cooked hers in 25 minutes. I used those flexible non stick pans, they are red. I did this twice since I made a round layer cake. I stuck a fork in the middle to make sure it came out clean and was done. I froze the layers for about 4 hours then put FF cottage cheese in the middle.

Cream Cheese Dog Treat Frosting
12 ounces nonfat cream cheese, room temperature
2 teaspoons honey
Directions: Beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Frost cookies with a spatula or pipe onto cookies using a pastry bag with a fine tip.
Now for me, on the frosting.... I ended up using 3 packages of FF cream cheese, a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter, and SF honey. I probably put a tablespoon honey all together. I had PLENTY of frosting for the cake. I had planned on piping some color around the bottom and top however my red came out pink so I didnt use it
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!