View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 03:43 AM   #1
yorkiegal
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Worried about neutering my Yorkie

Hi all

I'm new here, but glad I found somewhere to talk about my Yorkie! I have a 1 year old, Charlie, who is scheduled to be neutered on April 7, along with my Pug, Winston... I am soooo worried! Can someone talk some sense into me? I have called the vet twice already, looking for reassurance. They say they have experience with small dogs and that there is only a small risk, but I still worry! They say that there are more benefits to the surgery than not having it done at all. Is it a big deal for Charlie to get neutered? He is only 3.5 lbs. I put off the surgery because I've been so scared that something would happen to him. Mainly, I'm worried that something will go wrong with the anesthesia, since he is so tiny. I am getting the pre-op bloodwork done, too, so that should help. Does this really need to be done? Part of me is looking for a reason to cancel the surgery. I'm worried about my Pug, too, but he is so big and sturdy that I feel he will be okay.

I guess that part of this fear comes from losing my first Yorkie last year. He was hit by a car when I was on vacation... I just can't stand the thought of going through that again.

Anyway, just looking for some reassurance, advice, similar stories... Any help would be appreciated.
yorkiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!