View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
milomlo
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawash View Post
Actually salmonella and other diseases can be found in their feces after eating raw. We did a lot of research before we put the boys on raw, and in the limited amount of peer-reviewed research we found, the consensus was that the prevalence of that bacteria is more often in raw (poultry) fed dogs. If there is anyone around who is suffering from an auto-immune disorder or going through chemotherapy, I would not feed raw. However, this is of very little concern to us, and we have fed raw for over a year now with no problems.

I am not very sanitary with it, and strangely enough, the only time either boy has gotten sick has been when they've been off the raw for a few weeks if I run out or get lazy
I guess the feces is my concern. My dogs go outside - my girl goes on the porch cause for PETE'S SAKES...LORD FORBID SHE DO HER BUSINESS IN THE GRASS We have to clean it up off the porch (we use a shovel and just toss it in the yard). I do have children that go outside so I guess I am wondering if I need to be concerned about them playing in the yard if there is mess in the yard.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!