View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #73
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Mary, very good advise, thank you. I wish I lived closer to some experienced breeder/exhibitors. I think I am a little ring shy from making so many boo boos in the beginning. If all goes well I will get back out there soon.
You know Barb.....there is some downsides of showing....a lot political, who you get your dogs from, how you run your program, etc. And the dog world is small. But, if you are attempting to get things right and paying attention.....things will open up to newbies.....Most experienced exhibitors usually are willing to help.

Quick story......A new person to yorkies didn't have a clue on how to groom. So, my mentor asked if I would put up the pups topknot and help out with the grooming....I said of course.......Guess what that pup beat my dog.......I jokingly said to my mentor don't ever ask me to do that again....I put up the winning topknot.....but, all kidding aside....at the next show, this lady brought me the most gorgeous sweatshirt with a beautiful yorkie embroderied on it as a thank you gift.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!