Thread: Oprah today
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
KimberlySRN
Twins=double the fun!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaxtersMommy View Post
I watched it. I knew it had to be bad back months ago when I heard the 911 call. Very sad, very heartbreaking. I can't imagine. I personally don't see how suing the woman who owned the chimp will do anything to help. They shot the chimp. Yes, she was the owner & she is responsible. But, 50 million dollars? I think she needs to be held accountable by law. It is awful, a terrible thing, but she sounded beside her self calling 911. I seriously doubt she enjoyed watching that happen to her friend of 30 years. I dont think the family should be able to sue her for anything. If Charla wants to, that is another story. I pray she will continue to get stronger so she can have the best life possible from here on out.

This is just a reminder that animals can go crazy and should never be 100% trusted. (unless it is a Yorkie)
The thing that drives me nuts about the whole story is I remember when it happened and the woman was more concerned about her chimp. The local news covered it and they asked her and she was beside herself because the chimp would be put down. If my animal harmed someone they wouldn't need to put them down, I would. I understand he was a part of her family, but he nearly killed her best friend! Maybe she was in shock of the whole situation, and that is why she made the comments she did. The entire situation is just so tragic. (I didn't see the Oprah show, just the news when it happened.)

Anakin Bella
KimberlySRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!