View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 06:49 AM   #11
darlingdinkies
Yorkie Yakker

I think the dry coat is probably just genetics. I would think if the dry coat was a condition of some deficiency, he would probably have dry skin as well. Huck's dry puppy coat eventually transitioned to a nicer adult coat. It's still not what would traditionally be thought of as a true silky coat, but it's a nice coat - doesn't tangle much and straight. Also, I use Pantene conditioner on him and BioSilk Silk Therapy as well, just to add more softness and shine.

Huck is about 5 lbs. and I feed him a huge, heaping 1/3 cup once a day. Huck is pretty mellow and laid back - not especially active - so, obviously, he doesn't require and shouldn't be eating as much food as a larger and/or more active dog. My vet's advice was this: Some dogs will eat everything you put in front of them, so don't feed him based on his "appetite". Judge his needed food intake by his weight. If he's too skinny (ribs significantly protruding), you should feed him a little more. If he's too heavy (big round belly), feed him less.
darlingdinkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!