Thread: Christmas Angel
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
Owned by Fiona
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blancla View Post
I know exactly how you feel. I was behind an older lady in the grocery store on Saturday morning. Apparantley, she had lost her ATM card. Her groceries were only $14.14 for the week, and she was going to have to put them all back. I kindly stepped up and told the cashier that I would pay for them. The lady didn't want me to do it, but I couldn't help myself. The sad part was that my husband is out of work due to an injury and we haven't started getting paid by workman's comp yet. I don't know how I am going to make my car payment this week. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and will have to find the $$ somewhere so that I can pay the co-pay. It didn't matter to me that I didn't know where the money was going to come from, only that the lady I met in the store would eat this week.
You know my dad always says that if you give without thinking of getting back then you will get something in return. It seems he is right more than not. You may just have to keep an eye out for the thing you get in return. As if helping that lady was not enough in its self! That was so nice! It probably ment more to her then you know. I do believe there are good and honest people left in the world like you. I wish I could have added my name to that list today. Next time...... Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!