View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
Melimar
Yorkie Yakker

Default Gizmo is limping :>)

Hi Everybody,
I wanted to start this thread to get feedback from all you wonderful Yorkie and all animal, lovers. My lil Gizmo was playing fetch the ball with me yesterday. I threw the ball several times, we were in the park, and on the third time I saw he was limping from his right paw. I thoroughly check his paw to see if he was injured (glass, sharp rock, etc.) but did not see anything. I brought him home and looked more carefully with a magnifying glass, but did not see anything. I Gently squeezed each on of his joints at the nail and nothing! I noticed he was a little tender around his knee. He was completely out of it. Layed in bed for the rest of the day. I took him to the vet today. The vet set that his patella was probably dislodged a little from the knee. He said, " Let's wait and see if it goes back into place on it's own. If not then we may need to operate." I asked if he was going to take an xray. He said, I would have to anethetize him in order to take xrays. I said," I'd rather wait to see if it gets better on it's own". I have been playing with him (he is in better spirits today) around the house but NO jumping. I have been gentley massaging the area but NO pulling. He is such a good dog. He just lies there and let's me do whatever I need to do. Fortunately, I have given him daily massages so he is used to them :>). Anyone, have this experience with their baby? Thank you, Melimar
Melimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!