View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobster11 View Post
thanks for your advice. what's funny is I took Toby to a class @ Petsmart and he failed haha. Also the instructor decided when she wanted to show up so it was not consistent and lemme tell you what a pain it is to drive him!! He wants to sit on your lap the whole time and that is not allowed. So i received a full refund from Petsmart for their class. I don't reccomend that to anyone... I'll look other places for some training though!! Thanks again- I can use all the advice possible!! I'm mostly worried about the biting. Especially bc they put dogs to sleep nowadays for that kinda behavior!!!

what kind of biting...is it lashing out and attacking and meaning to do harm, or is he just nippy puppy biting...how old is he and how old when you got him..that might help me understand him better in terms of biting.

Sadie is 20 weeks old. we got her too early from a BYB at 7 weeks and she has problems with nipping and play biting, but she's not doing it to hurt us, she's just nippy and mouthy. we're working on it and it's better all the time, but when she was little it was more often and she didn't stop...now we tell her NO BITE and she listens more...we used a spray bottle on her. when she bites we say NO BITE and if she didn't immediately listen we squirted her and she stopped. now we just have to get the bottle out and she settles down and stops. you can try that, or try setting him on the floor when he gets too rough and he'll learn he looses lap time and attention for biting. also you can say NO BITE and replace hands with a toy.

good luck!!
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!