View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Icon2 These animals need love too!!!!

I really want to share something with you....
Last night we found an injured squirrel. Well, my 8 year old daughter did while she was outside. she came running into the house saying the squirrel couldn't walk and he needed help. I hesitated (afraid of what I would see) but I went out to check on him and it looked as if my neighbors huge dog had gotten ahold of him. he wasn't bleeding but he was soaking wet and couldn't use any of his legs. he was basically flopping on the ground. My fiance came out to see what was going on and we agreed to get the animal carrier out and bring him upstairs to see if we could call someone that would care for him. I called the ER vet and they gave me the number to a wild animal rehab facility. I called and they gave me instructions on how to care for him over night and that I could bring him to them first thing in the morning. So I gave him lots of towels, a warm water bottle, and some apples. I kept him in a dark, safe, warm place overnight and checked on him many many times...saw that he was eating the apples and seemed to be moving around a lot better. This morning I took him to the facility and dropped him off. What I found when I got there wrenched my heart..in a good way. I fell in love with the place. They have acres upon acres of wilderness friendly land. They take the animals in without asking for a dime for their services. They treat them and get them healthy so they can be released into the wild again. If they cannot be released into the wild, they will either keep them and give them a loving home or they place them in places where they would have a future. They do not kill them!!!!!!! They had so many beautiful species of animals there that LIVE there and are so fat and happy it really moved me. I started reading more about them and really want to share their info with everyone. They are completely funded by donations and don't ask for payment for any of their services. I looked at their website and many of the items they are asking to have donated I have sitting in my apartment and could EASILY donate. I don't have any money to spare really...but I do have some old towels and blankets, some random food items, and some other things that I know I wouldn't miss at all but would mean the world to them..... Here is a link to their website. Walden's Puddle click on the "wish list" at the top and see if there is anything you might be able to do to help them. I would encourage anyone that if you have ANYTHING you can spare for this place....or maybe a place similar in your area...please do!!!! our wild animal friends need our help too!! It is amazing how they love the very animals that many people think would not be "worth" saving. I can't tell you how many people gave me grief over helping this squirrel. But I believe he is Gods creature just like us and our puppies are...and that squirrel deserves just as much of a chance as the next creature does. And it made me SO HAPPY....SO proud to know that my 8 year old daughter felt the need to help him as well.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!