View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
karak333
Senior Yorkie Talker

Sad Need some Advice for My 11 week old Puppy

okay, this is kind of a long story so bear with me. My girl had 5 puppies about 11 weeks ago and about 2 weeks ago the little girl started getting lethargic and having diarrhea but it wasn't that bad and she was still eating and drinking fine. her rear end was kind of swollen as well. so I ended up taking her to the vet mainly because of the diarrhea and they gave me medicine for it and told me just to watch her closely to make sure it wasn't parvo. she did fine the rest of the day, eating and drinking good. the next morning I woke up and she was just laying on her side totally unresponsive and when I picked her up, she was completely limp, she couldn't even hold her head up. I rushed her to the vet, they stabilized her, and said that her blood sugar was low. they did the parvo test and a fecal and both came back negative so they sent me home. I had been giving her the medicine for the diarrhea for about a week but it wasn't getting better and her rear end just kept getting more swollen and red. so I took her back again to a different vet and they said that it is no big deal and it was only because of the diarrhea (she was also always trying to poop with very little coming out). he said that she probably just wasn't responding to the other medicine, so he gave me different medicine for the diarrhea. it has been about 3 days since then and every single day she is always waddling around trying to poop but nothing really comes out, and when it does it is very soft. she also always tries to bite at her rear end and I can tell that it hurts. it is very very swollen and sometimes bleeds just a little. she eats and drinks plenty of water. I don't know what is wrong or why it won't get any better and the vets just keep telling me that its no big deal. her tummy isn't big so I don't think she is constipated but she does act like it with the way she poops. please, I don't know what else to do, I really need some advice...
thanks
Kara
karak333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!