Thread: Hot spot
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
Rocky38
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Hot spot

A few weeks ago I took Rocky to the groomer. About week later I noticed a clump of his hair stuck together on his face. As I was bathing him I managed to clean out the majority of the goo.. I had no clue what it was.. I just figured he got food stuck in there. After his bath he was crying uncontrollably. Again not knowing what was going on.. I just figured he was really cold. This past Saturday night I noticed this clump of hair again in the same spot. I took out his bath wipes and tried to clean it off. As I was doing so I noticed under his fur there was a hot spot. I immediately got out some neosporin. It was the scariest thing I've ever seen on my lil guy. Anyhow, around 4 in the morning I noticed that the hot spot enlarged and his fur was starting to come off. I took him to the doggy ER and they shaved his face and gave me antibiotics. Apparently he got nipped from the groomer and I didn't know and the hot spot grew from him scratching the area and infecting it. (The clump of hair was from the pus coming out)

Anyhow he is wearing the cone on his head (and not letting me sleep by the way) and he is taking the antibiotics, but it's looking a lil crusty and I wanted to clean it out.. Any suggestions? And should I continue with the neosporin to enhance the healing process? Thank you
Rocky38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!