View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #13
BanditSocks2
YT 1000 Club Member

When we were looking into our second dog, we looked into a rescue. We were approved for the interview and home check for 2 yorkie rescues, and then were sort of waiting. Whenever I saw a yorkie that I thought would be a good fit with bandit, I'd call the foster parent but often times another couple had already contacted them and wanted the puppy, or there were some issues that made him a bad match. We were approved in October/November. Finally, in April I contacted a breeder as a possibility. I really wanted my dog or puppy right before the summer because I'm a teacher and I only work part time over the summer and would have a lot of time to train him or her. When the end of May rolled around we picked our dog and in June we sent our security deposit. We went away on our Honeymoon the middle of June and my mom watched Bandit. When I got home I checked my voice mail and a foster worker had two young dogs that she thought would be PERFECT for Bandit. Unfortunately the puppy was meeting us at our moms house with the breeder so it was too late. While I think it is great to rescue, certain circumstances prevent it. As long as you are not buying from a backyard breeder (which we unknowingly bought Bandit from) or a pet store there is nothing wrong with buying one from a reputable breeder.
BanditSocks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!