View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #13
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I guess I should have not said there are many exhibitors that display unsportsmanlike conduct but maybe just a few. I have been involved in showing off and on for 35 years and even 35 years ago there were exhibitors that would get mad if they lost and they would not congratulate those that they did not like if they won. I guess some things never change.

Donna, you brought up some very good points. I want to make it clear that everyone has been very nice to me. I have met some very nice people. The tension I have observed and heard about is just between different long time breeders/exhibitors. Like they say, you have to be tough skinned to make it in the show world and you have to earn respect.

I just though it was a good article.
Funny thing is....who really wants to lose? LOL......I always try to make a point to congratulate the winners...sometimes I'm so wrapped up in my own dog I do sometimes forget to congratulate those that won that weren't in my own class but I always make a point to congratulate those in the class I'm in....I'm just of course speaking from my own experiences with myself. Of course you will have someone that won't congratulate others it's happened to me but they usually come up later after the show and congratulate me and I've seen them do it to others...sometimes the congrats come after it's all over with and spectors don't see it. You do have to have be thick skinned I think in any sport just not showing dogs. Most of us are very competitive and want to win and of course sometimes we aren't happy about losing especially if the dog isn't the best representation of the breed and when I say that it goes back to our own interputation of what we think the standard is...but like Mary said...at the end of the day at least here in Texas/OKC and surrounding areas we all go out to eat together and party on....We all won't agree on the same things in dogs and sometimes it can cause tension but that's with everyday life as well...personalities clash but again at the end of the day it's over and we enjoy the commardary at the end of the day.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!