View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #11
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I have shown off and on for 25 years in the south (FL, GA, NC, SC, AL) and erveryone I know that I have gone in the ring with are great sports. We congratulated winners as we leave and support one another. I have only been at one show where someone threw away their 4th place ribbon on the ground, showing disagreement with the judge. But other than that, everyone is very nice and supportive. We congratulate one another, make plans to meet at shows, go out to dinner, help with grooming, give tips, share laughs, and support one another in good times and bad. I also saw this going on at the Roving in Memphis when I was there. People actually cried and cheered one another on. Mary and Donna - some of the TX/OK people were at the Roving and they were soooo nice!!! Donna - you were one I met and you were great. So good to see you in person! :-) So not sure what you mean, Bjh. ??

Now if you are talking about tension before ring time, sure that happens. When you show an animal, no matter what kind, you have no way of knowing how they will act. You want your dog to do their best and you to do your best for your dog to get the win. You are trying to get acceptance as to the quality of your dog. You are like a parent and want everyone to like your dog, especially the judge. But the tension goes away after ring time. That is normal. I get so focussed during ring time, I would not be able to tell you who was there. Nothing against anyone, just nervous and wanting to do my best.

Last edited by topknot; 11-08-2009 at 10:19 AM.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!