View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #10
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Please dont take my response below personal as I'm just responding to the orginal post you started
Yes, you posted the article for good thought so Mary and I wanted to say that we were thankful the Tx/OKC area shows do show good sportsmanship when you stated sadly enough you don't see it within the exhibitor/showing arena and "I" took as in the Tx area and didn't want anyone to think that is the case in this area all the time. And as you just stated you dont' show in the Dallas area so I just wanted to clarify that it's not the case and I"m always in the Houston area and have never experienced unsportsmanlike conduct for the most part. I show all over Texas and again, I just don't see it. Maybe the tension in the air as you call it was someone maybe in a bad mood from something else? We all have bad days maybe that's what was experienced? You may have one bad apple in a group of people but I find your area for the most part geniunely very friendly as they also travel alot in my area I do, however, find maybe an exhibitor may be standoffish when they see a newbie isn't very serious about showing or taking advice and not liking it maybe? Maybe the tension you see could also be that someone just may not click with a certain person. And also I've seen shunning due to association with non reputable people.
I'm not perfect by any means and yes we all have our little quirks but it's the human nature in us all. I know I"m not liked by some but that is ok with me because I know my true friends and I know how I do things so they can take me as I am or not and that's fine by me. I'm truly not in this endeavor to make friends I'm in it for the passion and betterment of the breed. I know my personality doesn't always click with some and that's ok

Donna
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!