View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Sportsmanship is one of the qualities every exhibitor should have. However, I love showing in Texas and Oklahoma. There is such a sense of commraderie there. Yes, there's competition, but the competition is in the ring. We all congratulate each other should the other win.......Out of the ring, competition is over, we go out together, socialize, etc. Exhibitors there are great in helping each other. Everyone sets up together, saves grooming spots for each other, makes hotel reservations together, and keep track of each other via cell phones while traveling.

Whenever, anyone is running late prior to ring time, someone is always there to lend a hand.....or to help show......always willing to help a serious newbie. My gosh at the Dallas - Ft Worth Toy Show....a newbie took the points.....you should have heard everyone cheer, including those in the ring....
Yes that was YT's very own Cricketbaby aka Carree Farmer that took those points on Saturday and Kathy Lynch on Sunday! I whooped and hollered for both of their wins!!! Mary is right, we always call each other while driving to make sure everyone is ok and yes, thanks to Ken he makes reservations for hotels and they also make the reserved grooming reservations and we all set up together go to dinner together...now that is what's called sportsmanship in my book!!! I have always experienced good sportsmanship in the Texas/OKC area. Yes, is there poor sportsmanship of course but most of us in this area "RISE" above it At least this has been my experience

Donna Bird
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!