View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I came across this article and while it does not pertain to yorkies specifically, it conveys what showing should be about. Sadly, I feel there is a lack of sportsmanship among many of the breeder/exhibitors in the ring today.

Sportsmanship
Sportsmanship is one of the qualities every exhibitor should have. However, I love showing in Texas and Oklahoma. There is such a sense of commraderie there. Yes, there's competition, but the competition is in the ring. We all congratulate each other should the other win.......Out of the ring, competition is over, we go out together, socialize, etc. Exhibitors there are great in helping each other. Everyone sets up together, saves grooming spots for each other, makes hotel reservations together, and keep track of each other via cell phones while traveling.

Whenever, anyone is running late prior to ring time, someone is always there to lend a hand.....or to help show......always willing to help a serious newbie. My gosh at the Dallas - Ft Worth Toy Show....a newbie took the points.....you should have heard everyone cheer, including those in the ring....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!