View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddys mom View Post
I was wondering if anyone who shows their yorkie could comment on what goes in to getting their coat soooooo perfectly straight. Do you use a straightener or products to get it that way? Are some yorkies just chosen because their hair is pin straight naturrally?

I am just curious because Paddy has a very silky coat that brushes out to just a little bit of waviness. But when he first gets out of the bath and shakes out his back end hair curls up into ringlets. He looks like a wannabe poodle.

I have no intention of getting rid of his adorable curly qs but it just seems to me that a lot of work must go in to getting their hair soooo straight. And I also just think its so facinating that there are so many variations in coat and I'm still not sure whats considered the right one.
That is what we desire. Although we do flat iron to lock in shine and to fuse the strands of coat together so, that the will flow nicely when the dog is gaiting. It is necessary to flat iron anyway, since most of us keep our dogs in wraps or creases when they are laying on the table.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!