View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 06:06 AM   #5
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtranesMommy View Post
Hi, everybody. I need help & advice as Coltrane is my very first puppy, and I love her way more than I thought I could ever love a dog, honestly. Now she's like my first-born daughter and there is nothing I won't do for her.

Having said that, she's very sick. I've had her a month and we've been to the vet every single week. She's coughing & sneezing constantly. I feel like it's getting worse. At first the vet said it's an upper respitory infection and prescribed an antibiotic. Went back because it wasn't getting better, asked about Kennel cough, they said maybe, but her lungs are healthy & clear and she hasn't lost her appetite so she'll be fine. But gave me one more round of antibiotics just in case. Went back a week later, still not better. Sounds worse, lots of gagging & coughing & sneezing...almost like she's got something caught in her throat. Took her back to the vet, they told me it's not kennel cough because when she presses on her trachea it's not making her cough, like it would with kennel cough. She said now it might be a mild case of collapsed trachia, though when she felt around her trachea she said it felt fine, and usually older dogs suffer from that. Also it might be reversed sneezing. She gave me "hydrocodone" for the cough and said this should work because it's stronger. IT'S STILL NOT WORKING, 4 DAYS LATER.

Is my baby okay? I'm so scared something will happen to her, and she'll stop breathing. I stay up with her at night because the coughing episodes absolutely break my heart. She still has her appetitite, sort of. She's still playful. But the coughing/sneezing, gagging episisodes cannot be good for her, or normal.

Coltrane is sitting right here and says THANK YOU to anybody that can help her feel better!!!
I see your location is Richardson, is that Texas? If so, I'm providing you the name of a Vet that is very familiar with Yorkies, one that most reputable breeder/exhibitors in the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex use. He was my vet when I lived there, until 2 years ago and when I'm in the area showing I still use him and call him for advice from California.

Dr. Robert Hawthorne
White Rock Animal Hospital
11414 E. Northwest Highway (The corner of Jupiter and Northwest)
(214) 328-3255

He's marvelous and is not one that has huge vet prices.....you'll love him, never makes you feel dumb when you ask questions and explains everything completely in plain english.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!