Thread: Help Now Please
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #11
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower003 View Post
it's normal for the puppies to cry over and over right... well not the same one ... i guess they are jsut fighting for milk now. i'm sooo tired emotionally physically...

how do i know if momma has enough milk??? i'm just letting her take care of the little ones i'm not stepping in at all. she knows what she's doing.

she cleaned all the babies and did a great job.

I was expecting five but we lost number four. she was beautiful. I feel like it's my fault, she was breathing then she stopped and we couldn't get her started again.

thanks for all the advice
Mama's milk may have not completely come in yet. The first 24 hours your more concerned with colostrum.......Their sucking action will signal for her body to produce more milk........

Make sure the pups are kept in a warm, draft free location....away from family traffic.

After the last pup is born....you'll have to monitor them for a couple of hours.

Give mom: 12 oz can of goats milk, with equal parts of water, 1 tablespoon of Karo and 1 egg yolk, well beaten.....no egg white.

Tomorrow you can begin giving her whelping pudding.....

Oh, you'll need to get your momma to the vet in the Morning for an Oxytocin Shot......this will help her get rid of any dead tissue as well as increase milk production......
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!