View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
feminvstr
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie
I was wondering when I should bring my puppy back to get a shot. I've been bringing him for check-ups but I keep forgetting his shot papers. I'm bringing him to different vets around my area to find out which one I like best and which one knows what they're talking about. Fred is approaching 12 weeks this Friday.
His records the breeder gave me showed that he's had the VANGUARD 5 vaccine 9 times.

I don't want to be behind on shots, so when did you guys bring your precious little ones into the vet for shots? I remember reading somewhere that most puppies have all their shots before they turn 16weeks

Also, what are the shots called and around how much should I be expecting to pay for each one?

THank you guys so much. I absolutely adore YorkieTalk. I can come here with any questions and everyone is so willing to share their knowledge. I can't say it enough and I mean it with all my heart.. THANK YOU GUYSSS!
Are you sure 9 times????that is far too much vaccination!

A puppy ONLY NEEDS (3) 5 in 1 started at 6-8 week and every 3-4 weeks no later apart ie; 6 weeks 10 weeks and 14 weeks.

At 6 months rabies (every state varies on the requirements, your certificate from the vet should tell the expiration).

A booster at 1 year old, then every 3 years after.

vanguard is a 5-1
Parvo
Distemper
Adenovirus Type 2
Hepatitis
Parinfluenza

If you board often bordetellab shots every six month to prevent kennel cough, preferable 3-7 days before boarding.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!