View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #6
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi
Neither one of those brands are one of the better dog foods. I know they push the science diet at the vets office though. Canidae, chicken soup, innova, nutro,wellness and natural balance are some of the better brands.
I second that. We feed Loki Canidae and he also did well on Natural Balance. For treats I give him tiny cheese flavored Charlee Bears because they are small. They are about the size of a mini goldfish cracker. I get them at PetCo and I believe Petsmart carries them too. The best advice I can give is only give one treat at a time. Don't try 5 things at once because if they get sick from something you won't know what to blame. Cheese, chicken, some fruits & veggies, etc are great to give dogs but you never know if they will be lactose intolerant or allergic or what. For example Loki LOVES apples and bananas but both make him sick. Cheese makes him gassy. Other dogs would do fine with all of those things, but not him. Keep it simple - Loki doesn't care that he always gets Charlee Bears, to him they are yummy. Good luck!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!