Thread: I'm so upset!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #11
KimberlySRN
Twins=double the fun!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyandtanksmom View Post
oh, and p.s., I am an advocate of putting a dog on their back to show that you are alpha. I know a lot of people think I'm terrible for doing so, but it has worked very well for me and my dogs. They know I'm the boss, so they not only listen, but they come to me when they need something, as they know I will be the one to make sure they're taken care of.
I have to agree. I have seen it work and I think it is also how you handle the situation. I have seen people rough house their puppy into rolling them over and that is not acceptable. But I have also seen when it is properly used and it has done wonders. My old roommate had a boxer/chi? pup and she showed aggression at first. One day she snapped at her and she rolled her over on her back until she calmed down. When she would get out of control she would turn her over and calm her down and in a very short time that behavior disappered. She does not act scared of her owner and is a very well behaved dog now. So I think it can work if used properly.

Anakin Bella
KimberlySRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!