View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #11
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENMORR6 View Post
Ok i really need advice now. i called the vet and one told me to bring her in this afternoon for a c-section. I really don't know about that b/c for one it is just her 64th day and second he hasn't even looked at her before telling me that. That really made me uncomfortble. So i called another vet and he said to wait till aleast her 65th day and then bring her in and let them look at her. But he also told me if i had any concern or questions to call them asap. Help please i need advice from breeders what would you do????????
I would definately take her in for a check-up.....but, a C-section without examining her, listening for heart beats.....mmmmmmmmmmmm I don't think so. I think the magic # is day 67.....but, that is an average and every bitch is different. An exam is needed here. Like I said earlier I've had a girl go on the 64th day....where her usual delivery day was her 63rd, so I knew that she always concieved on her 2nd breeding. Since then I've had the vet check them for ovulation to breed.....just a bit less stressful that way.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!