View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #5
starstella92
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK View Post
How close is she to delivering?

I cut the cord ansd leave the puppies with mom until the next one starts to come, then I put them into a little box with a heating pad under it to keep them warm. Once the next one comes, put babies back with mom.

I have never had to take mom for a C sectuion, but I would think take them along. Not sure though. Good question.
Yes, I was going to say the same thing in regards to having the box and heating pad for the little ones while mom is giving birth. But be sure to let the puppies suckle as soon as they can, after the cord has been cut, etc. By letting the puppy suckle, this will actually help stimulate the contractions and get the next puppy moving on out. And yes, when you know the next puppy is on it's way out, remove the previous pup(s) and place in a warm box until she has delivered the next pup.
And as far as taking the puppies in with the mom in case of a c-section. Yes, definitely take them! That way you can get them checked out since you'll be there already. Good luck! I'm in the same boat as you, we should have puppies this weekend. It's exciting!!!

Last edited by starstella92; 11-06-2009 at 06:59 AM.
starstella92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!