View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #13
CaraJo
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have been deathly allergic to animals all my life. Cats have always been worse than dogs (thank goodness) but I didn't care because I wanted a yorkie so bad and I hear people say that allergies and yorkies aren't usually that big of a problem.

I investigated before I got my yorkie and my doc said that its NOT in fact, the dander that we are generally allergic to--yet something in their saliva. I know, it sounds weird but it explains why I am so severely allergic to cats because they bathe themselves, yet our yorkies only lick themselves seldomly.

When I got Lillie, the first few weeks I noticed that I would sneeze and my eyes would itch, and I'd wheeze but I didn't care because I loved her so much and now she sleeps with me and you would never know that I used to be allergic to her. Keep her in your house for a while longer, maybe your body will get used to your pup and everything will be just fine...until then, invest in some Claritin.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!