Thread: Fustrated
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
YorkieShadow
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waytoomuch View Post
Sophie had her babies on Oct 25 .She has six 2 girls 4 boys.

Anyhow the reason why I am posted is because of the runt he weighed 2.4 ounces. He is not doing well he sounded congested. I took him to the dr to see what he thought. The Vet gave him a shot and now he is on antibiotic's.
I bottle and Sophie nurses him and he now is 3.0 ounces.

I thought he would be getting better by now. He looks like he is struggling to breath. I am checking on him like crazy because I am afraid of him passing away.

The rest of the puppies have doubled their weight and are doing awesome and wondering why and how long my runt will struggle.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...r/IMG_8728.jpg
Is there a reason your bottle feeding? I would keep this pup feeding off mom only and make sure the others are not pushing it off the tit.
when you bottle does milk come out of his nose? The milk should drip out slowly when the bottle is held upside down. If it runs out the pup could choke or aspirate (breath in) the milk. do not hold pup laying on its back and let it feed from bottle, make sure its always on its tummy. and never feed a cold pup.
did you vet check the pup for a cleft palate? I would also be giving this baby nutri drops. what did the vet say about it?
YorkieShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!