View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Mary, I know things have really changed in the last 10 years. I think we can contribute a lot of that to the internet and websites like YT. I know I do things a lot differently now than I did when I first started raising yorkies. Most of the pups I sell now are sold with limited registration and I keep pups a lot longer than I use to. My personal feelings are that early spay and neutering are not in the best interest of the pups so I will not encourage that practice but I do encouraging spaying and neutering once they are older. I know some will not agree. I truly understand why reputable breeders, like yourself, want to protect their bloodline.
I don't think the internet and websites like YT have contributed to the change. However, a few years back reputable breeders were more trusting. They could trust that their pedigrees weren't going to end up in the hands of BYBers and Puppy Mills.....

I read every day, on YT and breeder websites.....stating their pups are Championed sired or grandsired......Champion Lines from such and such pedigrees.......These people are pedigree hunters for the sole purpose of selling their puppies. I know some that even go the backdoor to obtain a good pedigree. So, reputable breeders have become very skeptical, tightened up their contracts and are very, very selective on where their dogs go. They are keeping their pups longer in order to perform the spay/nueter. All my pups are sold on spay/nueter contract. With the exception of one and she has jumped through hoops to get a show dog from me. She doesn't make a move without asking me or my mentor. Whom by the way she contacted to get her permission to buy the dog. I trust her completely.

Last edited by Mardelin; 11-05-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!