View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Ok, a lot of things bothered me here. if you really want some help, I would really suggest do a lot more research before you get a pup. You say you want to breed, but this is going to be your first pup in your entire life? Please don't breed this pup. These people are byb that are CKC registered that obviously don't know or care about the health or lines of this dog, and the fact is that breeding is a very huge responsibility, not to mention expensive. So if you think $500 is a lot of money for a purebred yorkie, you have no idea how much breeding is going to cost.

Please please do more reading on here before you decide to get a pup which is a lifelong commitment.

But to your OP, have you even gone to the person's home to look at the pups or are they just sending you grainy cell phone snapshots?
Great Post....

No, by all means $500.00 isn't a drop in the bucket expecially now days. But $500.00 dollars for a CKC is still too much money. I'm not sure how much research you've done on Yorkies.....but, not the going rate for a well-bred, healthy, good speciman of the breed.

Yorkie-poo no matter how you toss the dice is a mixed breed dog......As far as I'm concerned people that are selling them for high prices (since they aren't purebreds) are breeding just for $$$$.

As asked above, have you met this breeder in person and seen the pups.

So, you're looking to breed....Any reputable breeder would not sell you a pup for breeding purposes without knowing you.

Last edited by Mardelin; 11-05-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!