Thread: what causes
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
The licking of the feed and the redness of the feet is a sign of allergy. If you're saying that they literally *stop* licking their paws w/ a food switch, then it's a food allergy. Otherwise, seasonal/enviro allergies are much more common. Food allergies are easy to treat, once you figure out the allergen...you just stop giving the ingredient. So, do you think it is purely food (this would be unusual, but not unheard of)?

they dont scratch.. I guess it what I should of said. They do rub thier faces on the carpet a few times a day and my toy poodle licks her feet. My poodle usually got the red staining from eating a food that had corn in it, Tucker itches terrible and gets ear infection when he has anything with corn in it so of course I avoid any kind of food with that in it. I really dont think that its enviromental, nothing in my house has changed (same cleaners, soaps etc.) and nothing outside has changed other than a few leaves in my yard. I honestly think its the food because of the red staining around both of thier mouths, BUT I dont no what in the food could be causing it. The ingredient list is a mile long.. They have never had this bad of staining with any of the better foods we have tried, but out of all the different brands we have tried they have eaten Merricks the longest. They really like it and other than the staining are doing very well, I hate to think that I need to change AGAIN, but if is truly causing a allergy then of course I wont keep them on it. Im guessing I need to try another grain free diet and see if that helps, I just have to find a lower protien one because they dont tolerate the super high ones.
Thanks for all your help.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!