Thread: what causes
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugz4all4 View Post
red staining around eyes, mouth and on feet?? Im going to assume its what they are eating, cause I have seen it before but when switching foods or using angel eyes it goes away. They are on Merricks Turkducken, its a 5 star food, its not grain free but it doesnt have any bad grains in it. They love it and eat it willingly. However over the last 2 weeks they have terrible red staining and Im back to using the angel eyes again. What in the food causes it?? I really dont want to look for ANOTHER new food, but if I have to I need to know what in the food causes it so I dont get another food that does the same thing. (im exteremly tired of switching foods) Thier eyes look terrible and my toy poodles feet are literally red from her licking them. They arent itchy or anything actually they stopped itching a few days after the switch to Merricks so I dont think its an allergy. Anyways, if someone could offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
The licking of the feed and the redness of the feet is a sign of allergy. If you're saying that they literally *stop* licking their paws w/ a food switch, then it's a food allergy. Otherwise, seasonal/enviro allergies are much more common. Food allergies are easy to treat, once you figure out the allergen...you just stop giving the ingredient. So, do you think it is purely food (this would be unusual, but not unheard of)?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!