View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #9
MizMaRLeysMoM86
Donating YT 500 Club Member

My allergies are not good when I bring my two back from the groomer either. I think all the dander in the air has a good part to do with it. You have to think, dander travel through the air and stick to things like furniture, carpet, other pets, and hard surfaces. Here is what I did....

When I came back from my vaca the dog sitter had not vacuumed everyday like I usually do so the dander levels in my house were outrageous. I bought 2 HEPA filters ( the tower looking ones used for cleaning the air in your house ) and bought a new HEPA filter vacuum. I placed a HEPA filter air cleaner in the two rooms they frequent the most, vacuumed, then I wiped down all the hard surfaces in the house with those little antibacterial wipes. I then proceded to give mine each a bath with ALLERPET D. This is a shampoo that reduces the dander on dogs for people who are allergic to them. I also washed all the blankets in the house.My allergies cleared up within 3 days.
I am not allergic to my dogs at all if I wash them on a regular basis at home, which is once a week. You have to think, if the groomer is using the same brushes on your dog as other dogs with more dander, the groomer is spreading the dander around. I don't know if they clean the brushes after each use or not. But all the dander in the air is bad enough for me, when they get back from the groomer, I give them another bath asap because my allergies cannot take it. Hope this helped.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!