View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 08:46 AM   #2
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstyles
What would you suggest are far as foods(brands such and such)? Do you suggest an all vegeterian diet? Also what are your guys favorite treats to give your yorkies? Any advice is appreciated. THANKS!

There are a number of good foods out there. Ever heard of Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul? Or Bil-Jac? Nutro Ultra? Innova is a good brand. The Chicken Soup has little kibbles so it would be easier for a small puppy to chew.

You might want to investigate this site:

petfooddirect.com

Mine likes just about anything, whether it's healthy or not. Pupcorn is my doggie's favorite, but it isn't hard so it probably isn't great for her teeth. But she deserves it. She also likes Vitakraft sausages. Another favorite is Hip Chips.

A favorite treat of my doggie is bully springs. Twisted version of bullwrinkles. They are made from bull's penis (gross). You can get them several places, but I know the bully springs are little and mine is more able to handle them and they keep her busy for a long time chewing. They are digestible, where rawhide isn't. Plus rawhide splinters and these don't. I get them from petedge.com
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!