View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
bellagirlsmomma
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 019 kennel cough, antibiotic shot, now diarrhea?

OK.. i know you all are trusted yorkie owners and have had WAY more experience than me (only 2 weeks but hubby has owned yorkies before)

Our little Bella is 12 weeks old (had her for two weeks almost three now) and i noticed last monday she was coughing and almost gagging but nothing would come up.. so i assumed something was up but we had just started taking her outside to go potty, (blah blah blah) well sunday it was happening more frequently (like 3 times in an hour at the most) so monday i took her into the vet.. they said they thoughts he had kennel cough (had the vaccine two weeks ago, bortatella? is that it?) anyway they gave her an injection of antibiotic (she is only 1lb 8oz!!) and now i noticed she has really light colored diarrhea almost light tan colored.. she poo'd fine last night but really hasnt been too interested in eating.. didnt really eat breakfast this morning (feeding california natural lamb and rice, mixing can with hard food, mind you the hard food is soaked in water til it is a little softer)... she isnt acting any differently, still wants to play, cuddle, be her self... i didnt know if the diarrhea was from the antibiotic shot (dr said it will be in her system for a few weeks...) HELP?!?!
bellagirlsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!