View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
MizMaRLeysMoM86
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I brought Colt home when he was 10 weeks old. Marley had been the only dog for about 5 months. She was so resentful and would not even let me or my DH touch her. She would sleep under the couch , something she had never done before. We let her start sleeping in the bed with us so she still felt loved. It took about a month for them to get along. He would chase her everywhere and she would want him to leaver her alone. Now they sleep together in a bed on the floor next to DH and mines bed. All snuggled and cuddled together. They even share bully sticks ( they each take an end and chew together ) and Marley will go to the food bowl, grab a piece of kibble for her and come back and drop the 2nd piece of kibble in front of Colt , as to say " Here buddy I got some for you too!" It's too precious.
I would give them time. I almost thought about rehoming Colt because Marley was so resentful and mean to him. I am glad I did not , because they are Best Friends Forever now, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Colt even licks Marleys ear when they lay next to each other for minutes at a time and she loves it, she falls asleep to him grooming her which I find odd because she is older. I guess he is just showing her the "big sister respect" she deserves
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!