View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #22
MorkieMomii
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Here you have it.
PetzLife Oral care Spray & Gel are 100% natural. They have been tested by an independent lab and found to be perfectly safe for your pet's. There are no side effects and are even safe enough to use on people! The main ingredient in them is grapefruit seed extract. Here is the full list of ingredients: Grapefruit seed extract, Grape seed extract, Thyme oil, Neem oil, Rosemary oil, and Peppermint oil. These are all specially formulated with distilled water and grain alcohol to produce one of the most effective and safest dental products ever produced.

Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste is below. Should note contains NO floride.
Beef Flavor
Ingredients: Sorbitol, Purified Water, Dicalcium Phosphate, Hydrated Silica, Glycerin, Artificial Beef Flavor, Poultry Digest, Dextrose, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Glucose Oxidase (Aspergillus niger).

Poultry Flavor
Ingredients: Sorbitol, Purified Water, Dicalcium Phosphate, Hydrated Silica, Glycerin, Poultry Digest, Dextrose, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Glucose Oxidase (Aspergillus niger).

Toothpaste is effective b/c of enzymes. Sprays + Gels are also known to be for the same reason, yet I haven't seen any proof from them.

You may be able to skip dentals if you stay on top of their teeth. I'd love to get my yorkie used to your cleaning machine so you could do a dental without sedation.
I guess my question would be, how different is dog tartar than human tartar. If there was a product that softened or removed human tartar it would be the next huge thing and there would be no need for dental cleanings. Truth is, nothing removes human tartar except mechanical scraping. So unless dog tartar is not calcified plaque(which is all human tartar is) I don't see how any of these products do anything but waste peoples money. If they at least had some level of fluoride safe for dog consumption of course then I could see some benefit. Think I will look that up.

MorkieMomii is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!