Thread: Invisible fence
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #12
Weneebug
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weneebug View Post
I have the same problem in my neighborhood. We are only allowed certain kinds of fences. I have the wireless invisable fence for my Boxer that works great for him. However, I've never considered using it for my Yorkie. I think they are just too small. I don't know if the collars come in different sizes or not but I wouldn't be comfortable using it on my Yorkie. I would love to let mine get out and run around free but I have to keep him a leash. I have been working with him trying to get him stay close to me without a leash. He was doing really good because I took a bag of treats out with me. He gave me a big scare a few weeks ago because he wouldn't come back when I called him so he is back on a leash.
I'd like to add that I have the Pet Safe Wireless containment system. It's great because there is no installation. You just have a unit that you place somewhere in your home and it cast a signal for the pet containment area. I want to say mine is 1/2 mile radius but i'm not sure. There's no installation and they run about $250. My dog never leaves the area.
Weneebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!